Date:      Sun, 24 Nov 1996 14:57:01 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: IDE CDROM experiences  (was: ATAPI

As Andrew Stesin wrote:

> 	BTW I shold note, that whatever ATAPI driver in 2.2 is,
> 	it was giving me just 100% success since approx. June 2.2-SNAP,

> 	All tested configurations were "slave on wdc1".

I've got the Toshiba working in either master or slave configuration
on wdc1.

> 	Can I bring at least 2.2 ATAPI driver to 2.1.6? (didn't get time
> 	to try this yet, but interested in the ability).

2.1.6 is ``sold''.  But no worries, the ``target market'' for 2.1.6
aren't people buying ATAPI crap anyway, so this doesn't matter much.
It's more important that the ATAPI driver in 2.2 will be up to the
minute.

--
cheers, J"org