Date:      Sun, 7 Jan 2001 20:22:08 +0100
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>, Vincent Poy <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
Subject:   Re: NetBSD vs. FreeBSD?

At 12:00 AM -0600 2001/1/7, David Kelly wrote:

>  The PowerBook doesn't have PCMCIA. But like the G4 tower it has
>  Firewire and an Airport slot. Only reason I would have wanted PCMCIA
>  was for the compact flash card used in my Kodak DC-290. Then again its
>  not really an issue because the USB interface has been satisfactory.

	I'm using a G3 PowerBook now, and it definitely *does* have
PCMCIA.  In fact, the "Wall Street" model has two PCMCIA slots (I'm
using one of them for a Lucent WaveLAN card that I use in conjunction
with an Apple AirPort base station).  The newer "Bronze" model has
only one PCMCIA slot, but it also has an internal AirPort "slot".

Brad Knowles, <blk@skynet.be>                || Belgacom Skynet SA/NV
Systems Architect, Mail/News/FTP/Proxy Admin || Rue Colonel Bourg, 124
Phone/Fax: +32-2-706.13.11/12.49             || B-1140 Brussels
http://www.skynet.be                         || Belgium