Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 00:14:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 1131 unneeded includes in the kernel...

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0009192353560.2289-100000@beppo.feral.com>, Matthew J
> acob writes:
> >
> >How did you manage to generate this list. You're smoking
> >crack on this one
> >
> >> dev/isp/isp_target.c
> >> 		<dev/isp/isp_freebsd.h>
> >>

> >as the isp_OS_PLATFORM.h includes is the only include this file has.
>
> Well,
>
> According to src/tools/tools/kerninclude that include is not even
> needed.
>
> I'm not claiming that every single line is dogmatically true, but
> at least it merits some amount of investigation...

Sure.

But your tool did not try the ISP_TARGET_MODE kernel option, which is what
would then cause this file to even be compiled. The compile would fail, since
99% of all defined values, as in CT_SENDSTATUS and so on, are in files brought
in by that header.

I think I see what it is. The includes are outside the

#ifdef ISP_TARGET_MODE

but still....

As you say- merited investigation. Thanks.