Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:50:41 -0700
From:      Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@atg.aciworldwide.com>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
Cc:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GNU Compiler Symlinks

> Well, Lyndon, this is quickly turning into a flamefest.

64 bit time_t is a flamefest. This, OTOH, is a very reasonable
discussion.

> It really is not worth it, is it?

Without discussion there would never be change. I was curious to
discover the rational for keeping the GNU names for the C compiler
(but not the other GNU tools). I'm not sure I really received an
answer, and maybe that's the answer in itself.

But you're right - this horse is dead.

--lyndon