Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 1997 08:49:04 -0600 (CST)
From:      Rory Imua Lampert <rory@uic.edu>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   QIC-3020 TR-3 support in floppy tapes

Hello, I've been looking at the source for the floppy tape driver to
figure out if I could hack it to support my IOmega Ditto 3200.  It seems
as though I only need to add an entry in the ftgtbl structure for QIC-3020
and/or TR-3 tapes. Has anyone done this already?  If not, can anyone tell
me the relevance of g_lendesc[16] (length text description) and how it
relate to the the rest of the values with-in the structure?  I mailed one
of the manufacturers for the specs on their TR-3 (QIC-3020) tapes, they
didn't provide the segments per track or blocks per track.  So if anyone
knows those? ;>
Thanks!

-Rory Lampert
 rory@uic.edu