Date:      Tue, 2 Nov 2010 06:44:09 -0500
From:      Lystic Emsen <lystic1@gmail.com>
To:        Leslie Jensen <leslie@eskk.nu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fetching distfiles via cron does not download...

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 5:57 AM, Leslie Jensen <leslie@eskk.nu> wrote:

> Lystic Emsen skrev 2010-11-02 11:53:
>
>  On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 4:08 AM, Leslie Jensen<leslie@eskk.nu>  wrote:
>>
>>  Hello list.
>>>
>>> I have the following in /etc/crontab
>>>
>>> @reboot root portsnap -I cron update&&  /root/bin/cv_portsnap_cron&&
>>> pkg_version -vIL=
>>>

>>> I don't see where you are doing a portsnap fetch first.  If you haven't
>>>
>> done a fetch, then the update will probably fail.  If the update fails,
>> because you are using&&  it won't execute the next part of your script.
>>

> According to the handbook this command is supposed to do that.
>
> portsnap -I cron update

Yeah, you are right, I missed that.  However, the problem is that you didn't
specify the full path to portsnap.  That will cause it to fail and the &&
operator won't let it proceed.  When using cron, you need to specify the
full path because cron doesn't have access to all the environment variables
your normal shell does.

-- Lystic

http://UnixNews.net <http://unixnews.net/>;