Date:      Mon, 9 Jul 2001 12:36:34 -0400
From:      "Joseph Gleason" <clash@tasam.com>
To:        <freebsd-jobs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Looking for position in Nothern Virginia

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C10873.C9B702C0

I am currently looking for any technical or interesting work in the northern
Virginia area, especially Fairfax county.

I would love a job where I could use FreeBSD.  I have been in charge of a
24/7 FreeBSD operation since '97 with my own company (sorta like a large
hobby).  I also have a good amount of networking experience.  I recently
passed the CCNA exam and I am working on CCNP.

My resume is attached.  Thanks for your time and attention.

Joseph Gleason

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C10873.C9B702C0

Joseph J. Gleason
2442 Alsop Ct.
Reston, VA 20191-3046

Cell: +1 202-285-8884 (preferred)
Home: +1 703-860-3607
Fax:  +1 208-692-1464
Email: joe@fireduck.com

Objective:

  To retain a rewarding and challenging job in computer networking or =
support.

Education:

  Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Blacksburg, VA)
  Bachelor's in Computer Science (In Progress)
   - Relevant classes: Introduction to C++, Introduction to Data =
Structures,=20
     Object-Oriented Programming, Data Structures,=20
     and Digital Picture Processing
   - Taking at least a year off to gain work experience and keep skills
     current.

  Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
 =20
  Currently self-training for CCNP and MCSE

Work Experience:

  04/1995 - 06/1999=20
  World Data Network (Reston, VA) Computer Technician
 =20
    I was hired to ease the load of the beleaguered technical staff of a =

    small BBS.  As the company progressed from BBS to ISP, my=20
    responsibilities grew.
 =20
    In the last 18 months there I was in charge of most of the network
    infrastructure; Ethernet LAN, Dial-Up remote access hardware=20
    (USR Total Control), Cisco routers, Linux Redhat web and mail =
servers,
    Windows NT 4.0 web Servers, Dial-in customer databases.  I also
    did many hours of end user phone support.

  09/1997 - Present
  Tasam, Inc. (Fairfax Station, VA) President

    This is a company started by a few friends and I.  We sell Unix =
shell
    accounts, web hosting, email boxes, co-location and UNIX consulting
    services.  We run the company in our spare time as a large and =
interesting
    hobby.  Since its inception, I have been responsible and directly =
involved=20
    with all of the following:
     - FreeBSD server administration (DNS, email, user accounts, =
security,
       networking, web server, network monitoring, etc.)
     - End user support (via email and phone)
     - Accounting (billing, payment processing, record keeping)
     - Management (policy decisions, negotiations with service =
providers, etc.)

  06/2000 - 01/2001
  eFront Media (Costa Mesa, CA) Network Engineer

    I was responsible primarily for the planning of future web server =
farms=20
    and developing software to manage them.  I had to consider such =
things=20
    as load balancing, redundancy, webpage updates, security, etc.
    I was also in charge of a team conducting a security audit of =
existing=20
    web servers and establishing security and password policies.

    I was also responsible for the office LAN and phone system.  This =
included
    cabling, network layout, desktop support, office internet access,=20
    Windows 2000 server administration, and FreeBSD nat/proxy system
    administration.

    While working there I designed and implemented a cross-platform =
server
    monitoring tool that would collect vital server statistics =
(processes,=20
    drive space, uptime, etc), analyze the information, and send out =
warnings
    and alerts as appropriate.
  =20

Computer Skills/Knowledge:

  - TCP/IP Administration, Subnetting, Routing
  - Layered approach to networking troubleshooting (OSI Model)
  - Unix Servers (especially FreeBSD)
  - Good working knowledge of various protocols (DHCP, DNS, SMTP, POP3, =
IMAP,=20
    HTTP, FTP, TFTP, ARP, UDP, TCP, ICMP, NTP)
  - Windows 2000 and NT servers
  - Windows 95/98/2000 Desktops
  - WAN/LAN topology, cabling, management and design considerations
  - Cisco routers and switches
  - C/C++ Programming and object oriented design
  - Unix Shell Scripting
  - Networking monitoring (Via custom scripts, Whats Up, Netsaint or =
manually)

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C10873.C9B702C0--