Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 2003 00:26:32 +0200
From:      Willie Viljoen <will@unfoldings.net>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Cc:        Peter Kieser <pfak@telus.net>, "Stacy Olivas" <olivas@digiflux.org>
Subject:   Project to improve FreeBSD PR

In the excitement of setting up a project, it seems Stacy and I have mana=
ged=20
to steal it inadvertantly from Peter Kieser. Our sincerest apologies to P=
eter=20
for the offence, we hope that we can mend some fences and possibly join=20
forces with him.

Also, some people, including Peter, have offered servers to help host a d=
omain=20
for such a site, our thanks to you all. Please keep the pledges coming.

The origional idea for the project is from Peter Kieser, <pfak@telus.net>=
,=20
please contact him with sugestions you might have for such a project.

An HTML version of the mailing list's "TO DO LIST" to improve FreeBSD PR,=
=20
origionally posted by Eric Anderson has been set up by Stacy Olivas=20
<olivas@digiflux.org> and is available at http://digiflux.org/fbsd-advoca=
cy/

If you wish to contribute hosting of back-up DNS, back-up MX or WWW space=
 for=20
the planned web site, please contact me <will@unfoldings.net> for details=
=2E

Once again, we apologize profusely to Peter and everybody else for our=20
overzealous grabbing of his idea, we're not only looking for technical=20
contributions, any hands we can get are welcome too, we hope that Peter w=
ould=20
be willing to give us a hand, possibly as a project leader and/or an edit=
or=20
for the site, I certainly don't think I'm much of a project leader, and I=
'm=20
sure Stacy would agree that we could do well focusing on technical aspect=
s of=20
such a project, with someone with the right field of skills providing the=
=20
leadership and co-ordination we would need to tackle this properly, and m=
ost=20
certainly to avoid stepping on people's toes in future.

Any technical help would also be appreciated, or even links or resources =
you=20
may know of that would be handy to such a project, please let us know.

It is my hope that Peter and Stacy aren't too vexed by the arogance I=20
displayed with my past few postings, especially appealing for help with=20
servers without consulting either of them, and, as Stacy writes in an ear=
lier=20
e-mail, that we can work together with instead of against each other. Als=
o=20
with other projects out there that might be doing the same thing. I'd fee=
l=20
very silly reinventing the wheel all the time if others have already put =
alot=20
of work into this. It would be better to draw upon their input than to st=
art=20
from scratch and most probably affront even more people in the process.

Sorry for all of the misunderstandings and unpleasantness I have caused, =
if=20
you feel like it, flames may be directed to will@unfoldings.net

With the hope that this will mend some fences and un-burn some bridges...

Kind Regards
Will
--=20
Willie Viljoen