Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:14:57 -0600 (CST)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        <freebsd-small@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Somewhat OT: Small networked PC

The recent discussion of the NatSemi Geode systems reminded me that I
needed to look for some small, cheap PCs that would be used to run a
very simple Windows application that just sits on the network looking
for something to do until it comes along.  They don't have to be much:
64MB to 128MB system memory, at least a 486-class CPU, a network
interface, and a pccard or CF slot, possibly even an IDE interface.
Keyboard/mouse/VGA would be optional if I can get Windoze (either 98SE
or NT4) to run fine without them.  The Soekris net4501 would be ideal,
in that case.  Anyone know of any other relatively inexpensive
hardware that would do this?  Most of the PC/104 stuff is out, since
its pretty expensive.  Even some kind of pizzabox super-micro-ATX
solution would be fine.

--
 Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
 FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet