Date:      Mon, 3 Jan 2000 05:29:05 +0100
From:      Sascha Schumann <sascha@schumann.cx>
To:        ---- <smccloud@tcainternet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Your misleading, no LYING message to me

On Sun, Jan 02, 2000 at 09:59:28PM -0600, ---- wrote:
> He is just expressing his point. From what I can tell someone removed him
> from the list with no reason and now he is angry. I probably would be too.

    That does not excuse his style of communication. Shouting and
    calling people names is no solution. It will damage the
    relationship between the involved parties and will make an
    agreement among them impossible. You can express emotions,
    but please do it in a civilized and controlled way.

    I usually recommened the following books to disagreeing
    parties. They are easy to read and tell you much about
    communication.

    Getting to Yes, by Fisher and Ury, ISBN 0140157352
    (Focusing on Interests, not on Positions)

    Getting Past No, by Ury, ISBN 0553371312
    (Negotiating Your Way from Confrontation to Cooperation)

--

          Regards,

                            Sascha Schumann
                                 Consultant