Date:      Fri, 1 Aug 2008 23:33:15 +0200
From:      Ulf Lilleengen <lulf@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-wip@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Call for testers] New cvsmode for csup patch

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

Hello again,

Even in these new subversion days, I'm not giving up :) Thanks for the feed=
back
I got on the previous patches. It brought some issues with the patch that s=
hould
now be fixed. It took some time, but I've been priotitizing other projects.
However, here are a list of the changes:

- Someone experienced segfaults when doing an update. This was because using
  wrong format specifier to proto_printf.
- Some parts of the protocol was missing, such as support for the Z command=
, and
  supporting U in cvsmode. This is now implemented.
- The rcsfile implementation would use huge amounts of memory when running
  diffs. Lately, it was easier to pinpoint where this happened due to huge =
diff
  chains, showing clearly where the memory was lost. This is now fixed, and=
 csup
  seems to have a stable memory usage. Please report if you see otherwise.
- Some simplifications and removal of code that is not needed.
- Added an update of the usr.bin/csup Makefile. Thanks to kris@ for pointing
  this out.

I hope all of you that tried the previous patch will try this one. Your pre=
vious
feedback was valuable in finding out where I should look to fix these probl=
ems.

Patches can be found for CURRENT:
http://people.freebsd.org/~lulf/patches/csup/csup_2008-08-01_CURRENT.diff

and 7-STABLE: