Date:      Wed, 4 Jan 2006 10:07:34 -0500
From:      "Michael W. Oliver" <michael@gargantuan.com>
To:        Jon Otterholm <jon.otterholm@ide.resurscentrum.se>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Network Monitoring

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA

On 2006-01-04T15:57:15+0100, Jon Otterholm wrote:
> Ug!
>=20
> What monitor system should I choose to monitor servers, routers and
> switches? It must be able to send alarms via SMS - i have a
> sms-modem/phone connected to com-port (Nokia 30).

Nagios for monitoring, Cacti for stats.  Works like a champ.

For the SMS stuff, I actually use the port misc/smssend with Nagios and
it works very well with AT&T/Cingular.  I haven't done the com-port
thingy, but I am sure that others have.  ISTR hearing something about
gnokii...

--=20
Mike Oliver
[see complete headers for contact information]

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA--