Date:      Mon, 09 Dec 1996 01:25:59 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        committers@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freeze postponed another week....

>  * No, that's correct - there will be a 30 day BETA period for 2.2
>
> Oh my, 30 days?  If that was discussed I missed *that* one. ;)

It was never specifically labelled as such, but we kept saying things
like "to be released in January" and that sort of adds up to 30 days
when you really count the various factors here. :-)

But in retrospect, I think that 30 days is too long and I will
actually shoot for a *20* day schedule instead.  If we can't do it in
20, we won't be able to do it in 30! (this is a variation on the old
saying that if you can't hit your target in 10 shots, an extra 4
probably won't save your life).

						Jordan