Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2001 19:19:58 -0700 (MST)
From:      John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>, Jeremy Lea <reg@FreeBSD.ORG>, Kris Kirby <kris@catonic.net>, <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Why did NetBSD and FreeBSD diverge?

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Brett Glass wrote:

>At 10:52 AM 1/19/2001, Terry Lambert wrote:
>
>>Think "blanket party", as punishment for a members violation
>>of the rules established by the controlling membership.
>
>I haven't encountered the term "blanket party" since I read
>the book Don Quixote years ago. What is a good definition of

It's an old .mil term: it means that when a platoon is tired of taking the
punishment for one soldier's actions, the platoon eventually picks one
night and has a half dozen people trap the victim under their blankets
whille the rest of the platoon beats the tar out of said individual: see
"full metal jacket" for a depiction of one.

>it? (I'd assumed, from context, that it involved public
>humiliation and/or suppression of an individual.) And what
>rule (or rules) set by TPTB do you think I have violated?

The unwritten rule of not pissing off people like me.

--
<a mailto:galt@inconnu.isu.edu>Who is John Galt?</a>

	-- Ferenc Mantfeld