Date:      Wed, 12 May 2004 21:31:03 +0200
From:      Olivier Gautherot <ogautherot@freesurf.fr>
To:        mosborne <mosborne@cbu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need advice/direction picking a distro

Go for Yellowtab/Zeta :-) (... hope I'm not too biased :-)
It's not *NIX (POSIX compliant, though)

On the FreeBSD front, well, that's also my main system now.
It just works out of the box for most things and, if you have
a wideband connection, you'll update your system like a charm.
Having tried various linux distros (SuSE, Lindows, RedHat),
I still find the structure of FreeBSD mode coherent. Keeping
aplications up to date is also much easier in FreeBSD than
any Linux distro - with the possible exception of Gentoo but
I have not tried it.

In any case, these systems are fun to configure and use.

Cheerio
	Olivier