Date:      Sun, 5 Nov 1995 22:49:01 +1030 (CST)
From:      newton@communica.com.au (Mark Newton)
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Q] Traceroute and source routing

Terry Lambert wrote:

 > > 	so...i want a source route option on traceroute.
 >
 > I saw patches for this floating around somewhere...
 > Our ISP didn't support source routing at the router level (wonder why? 8-))
 > so I didn't keep them.

AARNet and connect.com.au (two of the major ISPs in Australia) both
block source routing at their gateways too, meaning that a source-routed
traceroute would never get packets into Australia anyway (meaning
that the purpose the original poster requested it for would not be
fulfilled).

    - mark

---
Mark Newton                               Email: newton@communica.com.au
Systems Engineer                          Phone: +61-8-373-2523
Communica Systems                         WWW:   http://www.communica.com.au