Date:      Wed, 22 Apr 1998 22:22:06 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Joey Garcia <bear@pacificnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: An idea for promoting FreeBSD

>Hmmm...I seem to be rambling a bit.  Basically, what I wanted to know is
>what path are we (the freebsd community) going to take FreeBSD.  Are we
>going to take the Server path, the Workstation path, or both?  I'd prefer
>both of course.  We've all seen that FreeBSD is a phenomenal server, let's
>show (let prospective users know and all) that it can be a kick butt
>Workstation as well.  But how are we gonna do that?  Any ideas?

   The answer to this is that it will go in the direction that the users
and developers take it. Most of the current set of developers are interested
in taking it in the server direction, so that's where the focus has been.
If a bunch of people come along with an interest in the desktop, then
FreeBSD will go in both directions - they aren't mutually exclusive, after
all.

-DG

David Greenman