Date:      Wed, 25 Aug 1999 20:10:10 +0200
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SIGBUS for threaded Linux binaries (glibc2.1) [PSL_AC related?]

Bruce Evans wrote:

> >You're right. `linux_sigcode' in linux_locore.s doesn't have the 'right'
> >size. Consequently `linux_szsigcode' is no multiple of 4 which results in a
> >misaligned stack. I'll commit the fix shortly.
>
> This is ELF breakage.  I've even noticed the problem before.  `.align 2'
> should be `.p2align 2', or better, ALIGN_TEXT as in locore.s.
>
> The committed fix is wrong.  `.align 4' gives 16-byte alignment, which
> is harmless but bogotifies the comment.  Why not use the standard macro?

I didn't know there were standard macros. I'll change it.

BTW: I thought '.p2align 4' gives 16-byte alignment and '.align 4' 4-byte
alignment? What's the difference between .p2align and .align then?

--
Marcel Moolenaar                                  mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases                     http://www.scc.nl/