Date:      Sat, 8 Aug 1998 17:11:42 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Why did these files change on -STABLE?

After applying src-2.2.0824.gz I found that, among others, the
following files were intoduced into -STABLE:

> DM sys/alpha
> DM sys/alpha/include
> FM sys/alpha/include/console.h
> FM sys/alpha/include/mouse.h
> DM sys/alpha/include/pc
> FM sys/alpha/include/pc/display.h
> FM sys/alpha/include/pc/msdos.h
> DM sys/isa
> DM sys/isa/ic
> FM sys/isa/ic/esp.h
> FM sys/isa/ic/ns16550.h
> FM sys/isa/kbdio.c
> FM sys/isa/kbdio.h
> FM sys/isa/kbdtables.h
> FM sys/isa/syscons.c
> FM sys/isa/syscons.h
> FM sys/isa/timerreg.h

Do they really belong there? I didn't find anything in the CVS messages
confirming this, e.g.:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/alpha/include/console.h

1.39 Thu Aug 6 9:15:52 1998 UTC by dfr
CVS Tags: HEAD
Diffs to 1.38

Port syscons to the alpha.  The driver itself has moved to sys/isa as it will
hopefully become a portable driver usable by all architectures.  The api
support files have had to be copied to sys/alpha/include since userland
programs expect to find them in <machine/*.h>.

All the revision history of the i386 syscons has been retained by a
repository copy.

Just wondering,

	-Andre

--
"Amateurs like Linux, but professionals prefer FreeBSD."