Date:      Sun, 29 Nov 2009 16:40:10 -0500
From:      Todd Wasson <tsw5@duke.edu>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB audio device can no longer play in freebsd 8.0-RELEASE; worked in 7.X

Hi, I've got a USB audio device that identifies itself in dmesg in 8.0-
RELEASE like so:
ugen6.2: <Thomson multimedia, Inc.> at usbus6
uaudio0: <Thomson multimedia, Inc. Lyra Wireless 2.0.00, class 0/0,
rev 1.00/10.00, addr 2> on usbus6
uaudio0: No playback!
uaudio0: No recording!
uaudio0: No midi sequencer
pcm3: <USB audio> on uaudio0
uhid0: <Thomson multimedia, Inc. Lyra Wireless 2.0.00, class 0/0, rev
1.00/10.00, addr 2> on usbus6

The "No playback!" line is the best part, since it's an output-only
wireless transmitter.  Basically I've got an audio device that neither
plays nor records.  Fantastic.  It played fine in 7.2-RELEASE.

I think this may be a similar issue to the one reported originally on
this list in May, here: http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-usb/2009-May/006850.html
.  That problem was resolved with a patch that was later rescinded as
it broke other things.  I'm hoping for better luck.  Any ideas?
Following the suggestions in that thread, I've captured the dmesg
output with sysctl hw.usb.uaudio.debug=15, the uaudio related sysctls,
and the output of usbconfig -u 6 -a 2 dump_curr_config_desc.  I've put
them here:

http://paste2.org/p/539116
http://paste2.org/p/539119
http://paste2.org/p/539120

In related news, the OSS 4.2 port in the ports tree doesn't seem to
build the oss_usb module.  Any ideas what's going on with this?  I'd
be interested to try it and see if I got better results.

Thanks!

Todd