Date:      Mon, 1 Nov 1999 07:38:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      Don <don@calis.blacksun.org>
To:        Ville-Pertti Keinonen <will@iki.fi>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: journaling UFS and LFS

> There is a difference between a log-structured filesystem and a
> journaling filesystem...
And?

> *Very* different from LFS.  (What are features?  "Has files and
> directories"?  Time-complexity?  Implementation details?  Buzzwords?)
You know. Features. As in those things that people would like to see in
such a file system. The features we would like to see have already
been listed. Please see the archives if you want to know what was
considered a "feature".

Besides, VxFS has a closer feature set to what I would like to see.

> This seems a bit hard to believe (must check freebsd-fs to see if
> people are actually *seriously* considering LFS as a starting
> point...).
Some people would prefer to start from scratch. Others have suggested LFS
as a starting point. Still others no longer care.

-don <--- no longer cares

Please stop copying me on these messages.