Date:      Mon, 15 Nov 2004 02:37:30 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        Josh Paetzel <josh@tcbug.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Contributing to the FreeBSD documentation (was: Re: cvs commit: doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mirrors chapter.sgml)

On 2004-11-14 14:07, Josh Paetzel <josh@tcbug.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 14 November 2004 04:39, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> > Suggestions, comments or even complaints from people who are not
> > committers are as respectful and should be considered as seriously
> > as those that come from members of the team.  At least, this is my
> > reading
>
> In my experience (please don't take this as a whiney complaint)  most
> of my input has been ignored.  Just a recent example of this is
> docs/73760.  I submitted a PR w/ patch and it's been "ignored" (there
> are no replies to it).

The patch looks good too.  I haven't had a time to dig into the details of
installing 5.3 from floppies, since I only use CD-ROM images these days, but a
cursory glance reveals no obvious problems apart from a bit of whitespace
weirdness (using space only vs. tabs and spaces for indentation).

Some times it may be frustrating to see a perfectly fine diff sit in gnats,
but please don't get us wrong.  If the patch is good (as it looks in this
case) it will eventually find its way into CVS.  Some times, sending a "ping"
to freebsd-doc will draw attention to a good patch sitting in gnats faster
than letting people dig it out of gnats and commit it.  You may even send
personal messages to people you know who are already committers and seem
active in the area.

Regarding the PR in question, since the patch seemed fine, I just went ahead
and committed it a few moments ago.

Thanks for the PR submission :-)))