Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 1995 11:10:42 +0400
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        "Serge A. Babkin" <babkin@hq.icb.chel.su>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: LOCALE stuff

In message <199504191407.JAA11742@hq.icb.chel.su> Serge A. Babkin
    writes:

>> By now, there are only three locales in /usr/share/locale:
>>
>> ja_JP.EUC       lt_LN.ISO8859-1 ru_SU.KOI8-R
>>

>Do you know where are their sources ? Or a decompiler ? Say me please
>if yes, I want to write one for russian Alternate (CP866) table (and/or possibly
>SysV locale -> BSD locale convertor).

You can look in mklocale/data and colldef/data.
I doubt, that converter will be easy to implement, we have different
scheme.
If you'll write CP866 locale, please send me for review.
CP866 keyboard already exists.

BTW, I think CP866 is somewhat useless because RELCOM Internet uses koi8,
so you need in/out decoders for mail messages in this case. But
because CP866 is live standard, it is acceptable.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -