Date:      Sun, 7 Apr 1996 22:38:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: New drives

On Sun, 7 Apr 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > It's also time to upgrade one of my two 486's to a Pentium.  I've heard
> > reams about some motherboards that use external cache poorly, or don't
> > really take advantage of ED0 ram.  Does anyone have a positive
> > recommendation on a board that doesn't have any problems (so far) ?
>
> The ASUS and Tyan motherboards seem to be good buys.  I buy ASUS MBs
> and have good luck, Paul Vixie buys Tyans for his BSD/OS systems and
> likes those.

OK, I checked the Asus site, and they have LOTS of models.  133 MHz
Pentiums sound like a reasonable price/performance target to me, does
anyone know a particular Asus model that DOESN'T have bugs?  I'm really
not up to date on the various bad Intel chipsets, and I don't want to buy
a lemon here.  I'm not wasting your time, I really am gonna buy this as
quick as I get reliable numbers.

Thanks for the help, guys.

> 					Jordan

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu, I run FreeBSD-current on n3lxx + Journey2

Three Accounts for the Super-users in the sky,
  Seven for the Operators in their halls of fame,
Nine for Ordinary Users doomed to crie,
  One for the Illegal Cracker with his evil game
In the Domains of Internet where the data lie.
  One Account to rule them all, One Account to watch them,
  One Account to make them all and in the network bind them.