Date:      Tue, 20 Mar 2001 17:36:49 +0100 (CET)
From:      Noel Koethe <noel@koethe.net>
To:        Thomas Moestl <tmoestl@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dmesg output

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Thomas Moestl wrote:

Hello,

> > since some weeks my dmesg output is broken:
> > # dmesg
> > 2250 192.168.159.255:138 in via xl0
> >
> > Maybe someone can give me a hint to fix it if the problem is located at my
> > machine.
>
> Try "dmesg -a". The messages are stored in a ring buffer, so the
> oldest ones will be overwritten if the buffer fills up. Additionally,
> dmesg will normally not show the console output that is also stored in
> the message buffer. This produces these effects.
> This is starting to become a FAQ...

dmesg -a works. Thx.
But on another machine dmesg still works:
# dmesg
Copyright (c) 1992-2001 The FreeBSD Project.
icmp-response bandwidth limit 522/200 pps
icmp-response bandwidth limit 861/200 pps
ad0: READ command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting
ata0: resetting devices .. done
ad0: UDMA ICRC READ ERROR blk# 13939543 retrying
ad0: READ command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting
ata0: resetting devices .. done

Why it is here normal on one machine and cutted on the other?
And why does it work before ( I'm sure in December it doesn't work like
now )?

Thanks.

--
MvfG