Date:      Thu, 6 Nov 2003 17:07:39 +0300
From:      Igor Pokrovsky <tiamat@comset.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   fd access problem

Hello,

I'm suffering strange problem with accessing floppy.
When trying to access /dev/fd0c with fdcontrol(8), or simply to mount it
I'm getting the following error:

fdcontrol: open(floppy): Device not configured

However, if I'm booting machine with floppy in drive everything works fine.

Some details:

#dmesg | grep fd
fdc0: <NEC 72065B or clone> at port 0x3f0-0x3f5,0x3f7 irq 6 drq 2 on isa0
fdc0: FIFO enabled, 8 bytes threshold

#uname -a
FreeBSD doom.homeunix.org 4.9-STABLE FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE #0: Thu Nov  6 16:18:55
MSK 2003     root@doom.homeunix.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/KERNEL  i386

I rebuilt fd devices several times with `MAKEDEV fd`, but without any luck.
Is there anything else I can try to solve the problem?

-ip

--
Second Law of Business Meetings:
	If there are two possible ways to spell a person's name, you

Corollary:
	If there is only one way to spell a name, you will spell it
wrong, anyway.