Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:01:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Marius Bendiksen <mbendiks@eunet.no>
Cc:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>, Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>, Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why don't section 4 pages live with their drivers?

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Marius Bendiksen wrote:

> > You sure it's worth 1.2MB of repo bloat?
>
> Isn't this repo-bloat thing going too far? I mean, it could appear as
> though things are headed towards a point where any noncritical commit
> will be banned due to bloat. </bite>

The CVS repository is TWICE what is was when I started tracking it. TWO
TIMES!  And that's _not_ long ago!  If it gets much larger I will have
to stop tracking www and doc, then soon ports.  Let's NOT repo-copy
things without a really, really good reason!  I really don't want to
have to have this much space worth of stuff I'll likely never use
(because it's been deprecated after repo-copy); I guess that's a bit
of a selfish thing, but I don't really think anyone around here _wants_
the repository to be this big. </sigh>