Date:      Wed, 06 Sep 2000 12:53:03 -0500
From:      Stephen Hocking <shocking@houston.rr.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Cc:        dfr@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange problems with AGP driver & sound.

With very recent current sources, the agp driver doesn't probe when loaded as
a module, but works OK when compiled into the kernel.

However, when compiled into the kernel, it seems to mess up the sound driver
(pcm, crystal cs23x) such that no sound or garbled sound at a low volume comes
out. Has anyone else seen this? I'm using the mga driver from the XFree86 cvs
tree to do 3D work, which is why I'm using the AGP driver.

	Stephen
--
  The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.

    "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
     the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know
     this is not true."            Robert Wilensky, University of California