Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 13:36:25 -0700
From:      Terry Ewing <terrye@deepwell.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   DSL over ATM

Hello,
   We're looking into offering DSL to our customers.  We have two choices
on how to do this.  We could add an ATM card to our Cisco 7000 to do the
PVC's on the ATM circuit, or we could build a FreeBSD box, get an ATM card,
and go from there.  Id like to know which is preferable.

I know nothing about ATM, or DSL, but another issue comes up; we need to
assign IP addresses with DHCP over the ATM circuit.  Some customers may
only be allowed one IP address while others may be allowed more.  Using
FreeBSD for this would seem more robust, but I'd like to get opinions from
you all

Thanks