Date:      Tue, 09 Nov 2004 13:41:59 -0700
From:      Dan MacMillan <flowers@users.sourceforge.net>
To:        Dan <bsd-lists@netophilia.net>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: What OS are you? fun

From: Dan
> Sarunas Vancevicius extolled:
> > On 12:35, Tue 09 Nov 04, Peter Hummers wrote:
> > > I found this through Hubert Feyrer's NetBSD 'blog: "Answer a
> > > couple of 'personality test'-like questions, and see what OS
> > > you are.  I'm OS X - not too bad after all!"
> > >
> > > It's at http://www.bbspot.com/News/2003/01/os_quiz.php
> >
> > A friend of mine showed me that a few months a go, it seems i
> > was a gnu hurd person...
>
> I am apparently PalmOS - not sure how to feel about that....

Me, too.  I do know how to feel about it : enraged!

I've taken a test before that determined your gender based on a bunch
of seemingly irrelevant and often nonsense questions.  For example,
you would have to pick a radio button from something like the
following:

( ) Brown ( ) Black

At the end of the test it told you its determination as to your gender,
and you told it if it was right or wrong.  It used that information to
learn and refine future predictions.  That kind of test means something.
This kind, where an arbitrary human determination is made as to what
kinds of answers "Palm OS" users would make, is not.

Of course, I wouldn't be complaining if it said I was a ProDOS guy.

-Dan