Date:      Thu, 06 Nov 2003 08:22:11 -0800
From:      Rick Updegrove <dislists@updegrove.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portupgrade and PHP

Kirk Strauser wrote:

 > OK, you've gotten several technically-correct-but-ungood answers.
There's
 > a much better way to manage this port.

Thank you everyone who replied.  I already knew I could hack up the
Makefile.  The /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf  is not very user friendly.
  I had read about this "new" way of doing it as I researched this
further.  Thanks again for the example.

 > Recent versions of lang/php4 read their configuration from
 > /root/php4-options.  Here's an excerpt from mine:
 >
 >     WITH_BCMATH=ON
 >     WITH_BZIP2=ON
 >     WITH_CURL=ON
 >     WITH_GD=ON
 >     WITH_GETTEXT=ON
 >     WITH_ICONV=ON
 >     WITH_IMAP=ON
 >     WITH_MCAL=ON

Do you happen to know where I can get the complete list?

 > When you begin the build, the port uses the contents of that file to
set the
 > default menu options.  Configure it once, note the choices you made
in that
 > file, and you're done.  Easy, huh?

Yes.

 > At one point, the exact name of the options file was in flux, so I
nailed it
 > down by setting:
 >
 >     PHP4_OPTFILE=  /root/php4_options
 >
 > in /etc/make.conf.  This seems to be unnecessary now.

Thanks again