Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 2009 16:19:39 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        dougb@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        markm@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-rc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: svn commit: r197790 - head/etc

----Security_Multipart(Thu_Oct_15_16_19_39_2009_433)--

Hi Doug,

Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org> wrote
  in <4AD3A722.9060401@FreeBSD.org>:

do> I think this is the wrong solution to the problem. In at least two
do> cases (routed and route6d) where $command is not defined in the rc.d
do> scripts this change is resulting in $command not being defined at all.
do>
do> If you look at the definition of the + parameter substitution this
do> makes sense:
do>
do>      ${parameter:+word}
do>              Use Alternate Value.  If parameter is unset or null, null
do>              is substituted; otherwise, the expansion of word is
do>              substituted.
do>
do> I think that what you really wanted to do was:

 I am sorry for the delay.  Your patch is reasonable to me.  This
 problem was there for a while, so it should be fixed asap.

 I noticed there was something wrong about ${name}_program but it
 seems I mistakenly changed it (sorry...).  Then I received a report
 "it does not work" so I just reverted it.

 IMO defining $command in rc.d scripts is not a good practice.
 "Always use ${name}_program and let load_rc_config() set the
 $command" would be consistent and useful to avoid this sort of
 problems.

-- Hiroki