Date:      Fri, 27 Jun 2003 22:19:42 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        lambert@lambertfam.org
Cc:        FreeBSD-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trying to add support for a Linksys WCF12

In message: <20030628015829.GA685@laptop.lambertfam.org>
            Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org> writes:
: I bought a Linksys WCF12 for my new Zaurus and just decided to see what
: would happen if I popped it into my CF to PCMCIA adapter and put it into
: my laptop.
:
: pccard1: CIS version unknown (major=1, minor=0)
: pccard1: CIS info: Linksys, Wireless CompactFlash Card, ,
: pccard1: Manufacturer code 0x28a, product 0x673
: pccard1: function 0: network adapter, ccr addr 3e0 mask 1
: pccard1: function 0, config table entry 1: I/O card; irq mask ffff; iomask 6, iospace 0-3f; io16 irqshare irqpulse irqlevel
: pccard1: <unknown card> (manufacturer=0x028a, product=0x0673) at function 0
: pccard1:    CIS info: Linksys, Wireless CompactFlash Card,
:
: So I said to myself "Hey, I'll add a couple of lines to some equivalent
: of usbdevs."  I found pccarddevs and found that Manufacturer code 0x28a
: is already taken by IODATA2, so maybe IO Data makes them and LinkSys
: brands them.
:
: >From pccarddevs:
: vendor IODATA2                  0x028a  I-O DATA
:
:
: I added this line to the IODATA2 section:
: product IODATA2 WCF12          0x0673 Linksys, Wireless CompactFlash Card
:
: I ran makefile -f Makefile.pccarddevs, which did regenerate
: pccarddevs.h.  I made a new kernel and modules with make kernel
: KERNCONF=LAPTOP and rebooted.  According to dmesg, it still doesn't
: recognize the card.
:
: Since I see the WCF11 in pccarddevs, I suppose that it is possible to
: use a cf card as a pccard.  Obviously, I've missed modifying somthing to
: know about this card.  Could somebody point me in the right direction?

Add:

PCMCIA_CARD(IODATA2, WCF12, 0),

to the table in if_wi_pccard.c

Warner