Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:09:22 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Soeren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
Cc:        Don Lewis <dl-freebsd@catspoiler.org>, marks@ripe.net, ktsin@acm.org, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Memory corruption in CURRENT

It seems Martin Blapp wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I suspect all the SIG4 and SIG11 problems we see are due
> memory corruption in CURRENT.
> > The file is correct after a reboot, so the corruption was limited to the
> > copy cached in RAM.
>
> Thats memory corruption. I'm also not able anymore
> to make 10 buildworlds (without -j, that triggers
> panics in pmap code).
>
> Bye the way, I'm experiencing this since about 4-5 months.
>
> All hackers, please help to track this down.

Hmm, I haven't seen this at all, but I've just started buildworld loops on
two machines here, but I normally do at least a couble buildworlds a day
and I havn't notice problems like the above (but plenty of bad commits etc).

However, this kind of problem in most cases spells bad HW to me,
ie subspec RAM, poor powersupply, badly cooled CPU, overclocking etc etc...

-Søren