Date:      Mon, 8 May 2006 14:15:45 +1000
From:      "Murray Taylor" <MTaylor@bytecraft.com.au>
To:        "jekillen" <jekillen@prodigy.net>, "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: resetting clock after power outage

if you have ntp setup you may need to do a single =20

ntpdate -b

or

ntpd -q

to get the clock within a reasonable limit so ntpd can run properly

man (8) ntpd
man (8) ntpdate

Murray Taylor

Special Projects Engineer
Bytecraft Systems

P: +61 3 8710 2555
F: +61 3 8710 2599
D: +61 3 9238 4275
E: mtaylor@bytecraft.com.au=20

takes a
touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite
direction."
=20 Albert Einstein=20
--=20

The information transmitted in this e-mail is for the exclusive
use of the intended addressee and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission,
dissemination or other use of it, or the taking of any action
in reliance upon this information by persons and/or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error, please inform the sender and/or
addressee immediately and delete the material.=20

E-mails may not be secure, may contain computer viruses and
may be corrupted in transmission. Please carefully check this
e-mail (and any attachment) accordingly. No warranties are
given and no liability is accepted for any loss or damage
caused by such matters.

***This Email has been scanned for Viruses by MailMarshal.***