Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 1997 21:10:35 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux faster thasn FreeBSD

According to Paul Griffith:
> I don;t have any hard facts to prove or disprove the  subject line, but
> after I installed FreeBSD v2.1.6 (I know it's old - I'm still waiting for
> v2.2.2) it felt slower than OpenLinux Lite v1.1. FELT is the word here

You really ought to install 2.2.2. You should find it faster due to change
in the VM part. It runs faster and, generally more important, smoother.

I think OpenLinux is more modern and the Linux VM is getting better these
days so it would be fairer to compare with 2.2.*.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: There are no limits -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #35: Sun Sep 21 19:28:07 CEST 1997