Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 1999 16:13:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        Guy Helmer <ghelmer@scl.ameslab.gov>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ensoniq 1371 support

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Guy Helmer wrote:

> Does anyone have (or is anyone working on) Ensoniq 1371 sound card
> support?  I tried adding the 1371's PCI ID to the es1370.c driver, but
> during probing the pcm0 continuously printed "timeout errors".

This is probably a good indication it's not the same thing.  You've
basically got three options:

* find another sound card
* procure documentation, write a driver
* procure documentation, and a sample card, and find someone willing to
  write the driver.

If Ensoniq is anything like Yamaha, expect a long wait before they
acknoweledge email.  If you've got the time, call the company.

- alex