Date:      Mon, 8 Mar 2004 14:20:16 +0200
From:      "Willie Viljoen" <will@unfoldings.net>
To:        "Michal Pasternak" <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>, "Joao Schim" <j.schim@netmaniacs.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Desktop FreeBSD

> Joao Schim [Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 12:38:41PM +0100]:
> > I really doubt the gnome or kde guys ever heard of usability.

I really doubt you've even looked at a recent version of KDE. The unusable,
crashy software you complain about best describes KDE 2. KDE 3 has been
available for quite a while, really, try the latest version before
complaining about problems that were fixed years ago.

KDE 3 is usable enough IMHO, I have many end user clients using it without
problems, your general Joe Average customer isn't going to go poking around
in system settings anyway, they just want to use it, and for that, I find
KDE even easier than Windows.

/troll mode on
If you can't find your way around KDE, I very much doubt you would be able
do so in Windows. Possibly a version of KDE with a pop-up rubber ducky with
tool tips on even the simplest most self explanatory functions would help.
Most people would find that offensive though.