Date:      Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:31:29 +0100 (MET)
From:      "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <s.ohara@elsevier.nl>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Recent pccard and floppy problem

        Hi,

        A recent cvsup (to RELENG_3 about two days ago) has developed the
following problems on my laptop:

        1: pccard no longer attaches my NE2000 clone card, pccardd properly
finds the ed0 driver but doesn't use the port and memory info from the tuple
but seems to pick up some quite bogus defaults (port 0x240 mem 0) I haven't
figured out where from yet (they are not what the driver is configured to nor
are they in any of the tuples).

        2: The floppy drive cannot be used once FreeBSD is up and running, it
is recognised at boot time it even can be heard to do a seek to track zero as
the driver initialises but attempt to access it from a prompt (dd, mount mdir
anything) and the thing doesn't even spin up.

        If I could fix one or other of these problems I would be much happier,
I can dig into things and make small patches by hand I just can't get the box
connected to the outside world (until I get home where there is a modem that
is).