Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 1999 18:37:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Guy Helmer <ghelmer@scl.ameslab.gov>
Subject:   Re: Ensoniq 1371 support

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> Go to their web site (www.ensoniq.com) and choose tech support.  Then
> search for 1371.  The link at the bottom "AC97   Compliant PCI bus"
> will give you some tech data with a link to a databook on the chip,
> unfortunately WordPerfect 8 hung trying to convert it, maybe you'll
> have better luck.  The link above that is just called "1371" and has a
> bunch of info from Creative in pdf format (I think they make it, I have
> one here in a customer's motherboard - Tyan - that's got the Creative
> logo on it).

Well, I didn't look closely at the document, but if you ask me WP has gone
downhill from 5.1.  I know at one time they made a program called
ConvertPerfect...  I don't know what happened to my copy, but if they
still make it, it could convert nearly anything into nearly anything.
Awesome little program.

Anyways, I ran the file (which SO5.1 was saved using fast save...) through
Word97.  Saving it in Word97 format deleted the images.  Using PSP to save
the images as png and then using word to save the document as HTML seems
to have worked mostly.  The edges seem trimmed, but I don't think they're
crucial.  It's at http://redwood203.marin.k12.ca.us/es1371 .

The only PCI audio I've got is the Yamaha integrated stuff... so I hope
this helps someone.

- alex