Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 1995 13:18:19 -0700
From:      Craig Anderson <craiga@servo.ipsilon.com>
To:        "Bill O'Hanlon" <wmo@digibd.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org, craiga@servo.ipsilon.com
Subject:   Re: 3c509b driver

I'm having this problem too.  Several people here looked at the code
and saw nothing obvious.  The rest of the error messages we see are:

ep0: eeprom failed to come ready.
epprobe: ignoring model ffff
ep0 not found at 0x300

I tried cleaning the E1 area on the board, just for the heck of it
but it didn't help.  I also tried turning "plug-n-play" mode off
in the board eeprom.  That got rid of the error messages (the probe
looked like it worked) but it couldn't send/receive packets.
I'm running vanilla 2.0 (no SNAPs/patches installed yet).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Craig