Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 2003 19:15:36 -0400
From:      Damian Gerow <damian@sentex.net>
To:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Native jdk1.4.1 working

Thus spake Andrew Houghton (aah@acm.org) [07/10/03 19:08]:
> I'm not whining -- from posts in the past few months, it seems like
> significant work is still occurring. It would just be nice to have that
> process be a little more transparent.

Erm...  I think you mean either a little more /ap/parent, or a little /less/
transparent.

I've been waiting for a 'no need to apply patches manually' build of 1.4 on
-CURRENT for a while now.  It's not urgent, and I've plenty of patience, I
just haven't had the time to chase down the various patches that have been
posted to the mailing list that would let it compile.

I, as well, would like to see the various mailing list patches folded into
the official patchset.  Heck, even the experimental patchset would do --
it's relatively easy to modify the port to use it.