Date:      15 Feb 1999 06:53:11 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Advocacy effect of the ports collection

One thing I noticed the other day: if I submit an ftpsearch query for
a piece of software that's in our ports collection, most of the hits I
get are distfiles on FreeBSD ftp mirrors. Nice to see "FreeBSD"
plastered all over your browser when you're actually doing something
totally unrelated like installing the latest libpng or whatnot on your
University's Solaris / IRIX network :)

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@flood.ping.uio.no