Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 1995 20:05:16 -0400
From:      "Paul F. Werkowski" <pw@snoopy.mv.com>
To:        julian@ref.tfs.com
Cc:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xcdplayer and SCSI CD-ROM

    Julian> I'll bet that while it's SCSI-2 for data it impliments
    Julian> 'special' (proprietary) audio commands.

    >>  It seems that Jordan K. Hubbard said: > > Anyone?  > >
    >> rcisyk@bnr.ca (Rostyslav Cisyk) wrote: > >Does anybody know
    >> whether xcdplayer (from 2.0.5 packages/ports) is supposed > >to
    >> work with 4X SCSI CD-ROMs?

	Hmm, well maybe, however I have just recently tried getting
	xmcd running on this 2.0.5 system. What worked fine on 2.0
	now can't seem to find any disk in the player. This with
	1542cf/NEC 4xi. I hope to have some time this weekend to
	figure out what is going on.

	Can anyone report that any scsi based audio cd works these days?

	Paul Werkowski
	pw@snoopy.mv.com