Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 1996 00:54:30 -0700
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        "matthew c. mead" <mmead@Glock.COM>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tasd 3.5

Yeah, I kludged it in this saturday.  The biggest problem with tasd, aside
from all of the compilation warnings because our kernel is more strict now,
is that you need to re-generate local.h because freebsd will not compile in
all of the modules for sound-cards we're not using.

This is clearly bogus, and tasd needs to be fixed to use the same mechanism
the current sound driver in freebsd uses (via the kernel config stuff), but
I haven't gotten around to doing it.

The only testing I did was a few cat's to /dev/audio, so I can only verify that
it builds and appears to work.

Sound Driver:3.5-960313 (Mon Mar 4 14:32:59 EET 1996 root,
FreeBSD 2.1.0-RELEASE i386)  (this is a lie, it's really -current)
Config options: 1af7fff	     (this is incorrect)

Installed drivers:
Type 9: Ultrasound 16-bit opt.
Type 4: Gravis Ultrasound
Type 25: GUS PnP

Card config:
Gravis Ultrasound at 0x220 irq 12 drq 1,3

Audio devices:
0: Gravis UltraSound (DUPLEX)

Synth devices:
0: Gravis UltraSound 3.4 (1024k)