Date:      Wed, 23 Jun 1999 23:24:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brian F. Feldman" <green@unixhelp.org>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Microsoft performance (was: ...)

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> At 4:39 PM +0930 6/23/99, Greg Lehey wrote:
> >On Tuesday, 22 June 1999 at 23:52:25 -0700, Mike Smith wrote:
> >> [someone said]

> >> Given that I've just spent a very unhappy couple of weeks
> >> demonstrating that this "toy" you're referring to outperforms
> >> us by a factor of anything from 3 to 10 on a range of basic
> >> benchmarks,
> >
> > Really?  This is so different from anything I've heard that I'm
> > astounded.  How about some details?
>
> I also found Mike's comment on performance interesting.  I assume
> he's talking about system performance, and not documentation
> performance.  Was this when testing WinNT-2000, or just the latest
> service pack on WinNT 4?

s/interesting/unbelievable/g and you've got my reaction. This makes so little
sense that I can't even imagine it.

> ---
> Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   gad@eclipse.acs.rpi.edu
> Senior Systems Programmer          or  drosih@rpi.edu
> Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

 Brian Fundakowski Feldman      _ __ ___ ____  ___ ___ ___
 green@FreeBSD.org                   _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
     FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!        _ __ | _ \._ \ |) |
       http://www.FreeBSD.org/              _ |___/___/___/