Date:      Fri, 09 Nov 2001 22:21:38 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        "Ben Timby" <ben@webexc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FW: FreeBSD Install + 3Com 3C589B PCCARD = Help!

In message <LHELLGGCKGLMPMFBFMJOKECKDPAA.ben@webexc.com> "Ben Timby" writes:
: Hello, I am installing FreeBSD for the first time, on an NEC laptop. I have
: a 3Com 3C589B PCCARD NIC. The installer and Kernel configuration do not
: detect this card. I know it uses the ep driver. I am installing from floppy
: (kern.flp, mfsroot.flp), and plan to use FTP for install media.

This should just work (lord knows the number of times I've used a
3c589 card).  So I'm guessing the problem is at the pccard bridge
level.  Tell us a little more about the NEC laptop.

Warner