Date:      Sun, 3 Mar 2002 12:10:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Request for help putting Developer Summit notes and content online

As many of you know, we held a FreeBSD Developer Summit following the BSD
Conference in San Francisco a few weeks ago.  We have a variety of
materials we'd like to put online from that summit, including extensive
notes, list of attendees, thumbnails of attendees, etc.  I'd like to
solicit help from an active docs committer to...

(1) Figure out where it should go -- web page?  Developer handbook? ...

(2) Provide appropriate xml/sgml/... expertise to format the content and
    commit it to the appropriate place.

(3) Provide continuing support for updating the content as people submit
    changes.

My basic plan is that we find a place to put it, format the current
content, and put it there.  Invite developers to directly commit spelling
fixes, name fixes, etc.  Require that developers submit larger content
changes for review by myself.  Part of what will no doubt turn up are
additions based on reviewing the recording of the event, which I've not
yet had a chance to do.  Given that there was about 6-8 hours worth of
event notes, there's a fair amount to do, so this will be time-consuming
for a bit.  Given that there will be future summits, we may want to carve
out a niche on the internal web site (or the like) to put this and future
stuff.

Thanks,