Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2000 23:23:06 +0100
From:      Henrik Wist <wist@ex.MuFFiN.Org>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   AlphaXL FAQ

Hi,
I'm the proud(?) owner of an Alpha XL/366 with AlphaBios since today. To make
a long story short, I searched the web and came to the following conclusion:

a) I need a SRM to run FreeBSD/Alpha.
b) There is no SRM for the XL.

Even though I'm pretty sure that a) and b) both are true, is there _any_ way
(like switching from AlphaBios to SRM or whatever) to get this box to run with
FreeBSD (or NetBSD for that matter). I'm even willing to hack some code, if
that would help. Any pointers/flames/hints appreciated, with best regards,
Henrik Wist
--
wist@ex.MuFFiN.Org    // IRC: |GOOSE| //   wist@acm.org