Date:      Mon, 02 Dec 2002 13:50:44 -0800
From:      Johnson David <DavidJohnson@Siemens.com>
To:        Linh Pham <lplist@closedsrc.org>
Cc:        advocacy@freeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: List of big names ...

On Monday 02 December 2002 01:11 pm, Linh Pham wrote:

> It's not much, but I have a short list of companies and/or groups that
> are using FreeBSD, at least for their front-end websites. The short list
> is currently on http://bsdnotlinux.org (it's a domain I had registered a
> while ago and finally got a chance recently to start something with it).

Some other sites running FreeBSD include:

www.affinity.com
www.sony.co.jp
www.cdrom.com
www.stallman.org (!)

So, who is NOT using Linux?

www.ibm.com (AIX)
www.hp.com (HP-UX)
www.sun.com (Solaris)
www.sgi.com (IRIX)

Gee, if those big names on the Linux bandwagon aren't using Linux, why should
we? Actions speak louder than words. And the actions say that these
corporations still eat their own dogfood.

David